This tutorial will show you how to setup your BTMag card reader for all Android devices, it is recommended that you apply these settings first before connecting your card reader.
Use the following steps to Setup your Android BTMag Card Reader.
- After you log-in tap on 'Cog' icon (see example below) to get the Settings
- This is the Application Settings for the iDeposit.net App
- Make sure you check 'Auto Swipe Mode' if you would like to be able to swipe the card without having to press the swipe card button when processing a sale.
- Select Card Reader
- Select BTMag as your card reader
- Exit the iDeposit.net App and go to the Android device settings by either tapping the Menu or Forward button or swiping down or up along the top of the Android device. Then tap Settings
- Select Wireless & Networks
*Note screen layout may vary depending on your Android device
- Make sure Bluetooth is 'ON' and the BTMag is 'ON' (do this by holding down the power button for 6-9 secs or until the blue light starts pulsing) Then select Tap on Bluetooth
- Scan for Devices
When you see device show up. Tap on 'ID-TECH BT name' (under Available devices) Pairing will begin
*Note a Pin code may be required to pair, just type in '0000' or '1234' if a pin is requested
- Tap the physical Home button on the Android device and find the, iDeposit.net APP and reopen it
- Login and select Credit cards
Turn off the BTMag by holding down the power button till the lights stop blinking.
Turn back on the BTMag by holding down the power button for 6-9 secs or until the blue light starts pulsing
- Select Process Sale
- then Swipe the card
- Type in the amount and tap Menu and then Process